오늘 우분투 19.10이 릴리즈되었다. 이전 버전인 우분투 19.04를 사용하고 있다면 자동으로 업데이트 알림이 뜨며 업그레이할 수 있다. 아래는 릴리즈 노트.
New features in 19.10
Linux kernel 🐧
Ubuntu 19.10 is based on the Linux release series 5.3. It adds a variety of new hardware support since the 5.0 kernel from 19.04, including support for AMD Navi GPUs, new ARM SoCs, ARM Komeda display, and Intel Speed Select on Xeon servers. Significant developer-facing features include pidfd support for avoiding races cause by pid reuse, a new mount api, and the io_uring interface for asynchronous I/O. To help improve boot speed the default kernel compression algorithm was changed to lz4 on most architectures, and the default initramfs compression algorithm was changed to lz4 on all architectures.
Toolchain Upgrades 🛠️
Ubuntu 19.10 comes with refreshed state-of-the-art toolchain including new upstream releases of glibc 2.30, ☕ OpenJDK 11, rustc 1.37, GCC 9.2, updated 🐍 Python 3.7.5, Python 3.8.0 (interpreter only), 💎 ruby 2.5.5, php 7.3.8, 🐪 perl 5.28.1, golang 1.12.10. There are new improvements on the cross-compilers front as well with POWER and AArch64 toolchain enabled to cross-compile for ARM, PPC64 LE, S390X and RISCV64 targets.
Security Improvements 🔒
Ubuntu 19.10 comes with additional default hardening options enabled in GCC, including support for both stack clash protection and control-flow integrity protection. All packages in main have been rebuilt to take advantage of this, with a few exceptions.
GNOME 3.34 Desktop
19.10 includes GNOME 3.34 which includes a lot of bug fixes, some new features and a significant improvement in responsiveness and speed.
- You can group icons in the Activities overview by dragging and dropping on to other icons or groups
- Improved wallpaper settings
- Improved wifi settings
- You can read the 3.34 release notes here: https://help.gnome.org/misc/release-notes/3.34/
- Xwayland apps are now supported running as root/sudo.
- Improved performance:
- Consistently higher and smoother frame rates
- Lower output latency in Xorg sessions (by one frame) for most graphics drivers
- Lower input latency for some devices such as touchpad scrolling and keyboards
- Lower CPU usage
Ubuntu 19.10 New Features
- Plug in a USB drive and access it directly from the dock
- New themes: Yaru light and dark variants are now available. Install GNOME Tweaks to easily switch your default.
- Support for DLNA sharing is now available by default. Share you videos to your smart TV.
- Added support for WPA3
- The Chromium browser is only available as a snap in 19.10. This blog post has more details.
ZFS on root
- Support for ZFS as the root filesystem is added as an experimental feature in 19.10
- Create the ZFS file system and partitioning layout automatically direct from the installer
- You can read more details on Didrocks’ blog here and here.
- The driver is now included in the ISO
- Improved startup reliability when the NVIDIA driver is in use (1, 2)
- Improved rendering smoothness and frame rates specifically for NVIDIA
- LibreOffice 6.3
- Firefox 69
- Thunderbird 68